Friday, June 3

Fluorescent details...

I had a fluorescein angiogram today, which wasn't as terrible as I was expecting it to be. I'm an anxious person, and the staff at this doctor's office is gruff and unhelpful. The same tech I (silently) accuse of having no bedside manner every time I go in (he's no good at giving eyedrops) proved himself remarkably compassionate today. I explained that I'm not good around needles, and that I passed out the last time I had an angiogram. Based on this, he decided to get me the most gentle tech in the office to administer the injection, and held my hand while that guy stuck me. Very sweet.

Although I was given Valium, the actual needle stick made my anxiety flare up -- I got a short wave of dizziness just as the needle went in, but it went away. So, there was the all-too-bright camera flash to deal with, which again has the immediate side effect of only being able to see the color red for a little while. Blah!

(Psst, stop reading if you don't want to know any more personal details!)

The best part of a fluorescein angiogram is that your pee turns an unholy fluorescent yellow ("that seems reasonable, and even expected" you might say) .. but seriously, that's amusing. It boosted my spirits, anyway. It's like someone mixed a bunch of yellow finger paint into the toilet water. That's a high concentration of dye. Anyway, what's entertainment if you can't share it with your friends?

You're welcome. =)

2 comments:

Bug said...

Well, I'm really glad to hear that you're okay and that everything went well today. I was worried.

I'm also glad to hear that you're so amused by your pee. ; )

Weirdo. : P

rooni said...

Hermit pile, shmermit pile.. =P