A friend of mine asked me today, "SO, how was the bachelorette party you went to?" and I thought, "Oh, not only should I answer that question, but I should blog about it!"
It was great. =) The party was not for me, of course, but for a friend who's getting married later this month. We stayed at a four-star hotel in the city, and went out to a different kind of dinner-show at AsiaSF. I didn't know what to expect, and when you look at the website, I suspect you won't either..
But I'm here to say it was awesome. =D When you arrive, you're carded and given a buzzer (lets you know when your table's ready), then ushered downstairs, where they have a whole nightclub set-up. So you check your coat, there's a bar and a DJ, and you can hang out in a club setting until your little buzzer goes off. Then you go back upstairs and get your table. That's good planning.
The show is all up on the rubberized bar, about 6 feet from your face.. and it's reminiscent of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (a classic). The "girls" wear more risque outfits, though, and there's a certain strip club feel to it, but not in the scummy way. And of course, there's no stripping (we probably wouldn't want to see what's under there anyway). Loud music, lip-synching, he-women dancing around in 5" stilettos, putting real women to shame.. Super entertaining, great food, great service, great atmosphere. I highly recommend it for any occasion! In fact, invite me if you go, will you? =)
1 comment:
To Wong Foo. Thanks for everything you wrote!
- Julie Newmar
Post a Comment