I was at Jesse's house this weekend, helping him pack up his life. Small-to-medium boxes preferred, of course, because life is heavy.
It was a lot of stuff. There was virtually no stressing out all weekend, though, which was super great. Decisions were made, things were packed, et voila: all of the living room and most of the studio is packed up. Even though it was not as bad as I was expecting it to be, I'm still not looking forward to packing up my own crap. =P I'm an award-winning packrat.
We have an appointment to sign our new lease at 10:00AM on Friday, June 17th.
You have to check out that link. It lists other notable June 17th events from years past:
Events:
1994 - OJ Simpson involved in high speed chase and arrested for double homicide
1991 - South African Parliament repeals the Population Registration Act, which required all inhabitants to be racially classified in order to determine their rights in society
1944 - Icelandic Independence from Denmark (now a national holiday)
1885 - The Statue of Liberty arrives in New York Harbor
Births:
1980 - Venus Williams
1958 - Jello Biafra
1898 - MC Escher
1882 - Igor Stravinsky
Quite the interesting day. I'm sure June 17, 2005 will be equally as significant!
3 comments:
No question it it will. : )
Maybe we should fill Wikipedia in on the event:
- June 17, 2005: Bug and Rooni finally move in together after having to drive to see each other for 5 years worth of weekends.
It will be a day long remembered. Mainly most likely because it's the day we roped all of our friends into lifting our heavy boxes with the promise of pizza.
You're a sorry wallet!
Woohoo! Cross-blog commenting. ; )
i can't follow these cross-bloggin comments...
Post a Comment