Tuesday, June 7

All kinds of frustrated..

Let's see, there's the Blogger.com kind, which is mostly related to the fact that you can't actually create a post from your own blog site -- you have to go to the blogger.com homepage, then log-in (or have it done automatically) and post from there. =P Bad UI.

Then there's the MySpace.com kind .. grr. I tried to set up an account, and it told me I couldn't because I had to be 16... Doh! "But I'm 24. Wha?" So I tried a bunch of times, messing around with my birthdate, etc, and eventually gave up. Then I went back over an hour later and tried again. Success! I found a few friends, then went back to work for a while, then went back to try and choose a username... it wouldn't let me log in. It gave me some seriously vague error that they're "forwarding to the technical people".. I still can't log in to the site. That site also has bad UI. And zero useful functionality, as far as I can tell.

I took my boss to the airport today, and he gave me $20 for my trouble ("for lunch")... and I was really uncomfortable with it -- I don't want his money. I would have taken him to the airport even if we were both flat broke. It was a favor I'd do for anyone (...within reason). I said "No, no.. Thanks, but I don't need your money. Take it back." and he said, "No, I know how much you make.. you need it." Ouch.

And this is a busy month. I feel like everyone up and got busy just because it's sunny outside. =P I have two parties to go to (I don't ever go to parties, really) and a wedding... and of course, I'm moving in a couple of weeks. I have to clean my current apartment so that prospective tenants aren't trampling over my clothing, dishes and junk mail while I'm at work. I think I need a spa weekend (I don't, actually.. what I really need is some quiet time).

---Advertisement---
Over-Stimulated Perfectionist Introvert ISO Comfy
Lounge Chair, Good Book and Home-Cooked Meals
for Open-Ended Vacation in Peace and Quiet
No commitments.
-------------------------

Is it time to go home yet?

current mood: ( x ),( ! ) busy

current music: Tori Amos "God"

4 comments:

EmoRiot said...

I have found myspace to be a troubling interface, for sure.

Bug said...

Yeah, there's no question that both myspace and blogger need some UI changes.

Like I said last night, though, I think you're just getting your weekend's worth of frustration out early during the week. So, now we'll have an easy time packing and moving stuff this weekend. It's a smart move, quite frankly. ; )

Tippit, Rooni.

EmoRiot said...

"weekend's worth of frustration"

Isn't the weekend a rest from frustration?

Otherwise, it would be TGIM (thank god it's monday)

Bug said...

Well, this weekend we're packing up an apartment. So, that's never really a walk in the park.

We did it all last weekend at my place and it went well. Now it's on to her place.