Tuesday, June 28

Music and Philli-Prep

Bonjour mes amis.. =D

I'm excited about welcoming Phillip the cat into a beautiful retirement. She's due to join us as a member of the house on July 5th. (For those who didn't already know: Pip was an indoor cat until my mom got a dog. The cat promptly moved out to the garage because the dog wanted to eat her .. now, we're going to give her a dog-free environment for the rest of her days!)

I found a nice cat door on Craigslist that won't drain the bank, so I hope that works out.. and I want to go on a shopping spree for pet supplies as soon as we get two minutes of spare time (we're still big into the unpacking thing).

Aaaand Jesse got me a present yesterday -- the new Black Eyed Peas album, Monkey Business. Very nice. So, here's my shortquick review: it's great. It's a well-produced variety of high energy, club-style tracks with some great guest talent. I especially like the Jack Johnson-assisted track, Gone Going. Good stuff. It's definitely keeping me awake today. =) Thanks, Bug!

3 comments:

Bug said...

Pip will have a nice home with us, I'm sure of it. We'll make sure she's happy, healthy, and dog-free. So, she should like that. : )

I'm glad you like the Black Eyed Peas CD. Once you've played it to death and gotten sick of it, we should pick up "Elephunk."

EmoRiot said...

Buying CDs seems so quaint to me... I guess it's that in the 4 years of living in California I never had all the components to hook up my CD player and now I rely soley on mp3 and aac files.

It's like reading that you got the latest wax cylinder of Black Eyed Peas... okay, it's not that extreme. It's actually like reading you got the CD of it. But that's less dramatic. :-)

rooni said...

I think I need to resist buying mp3s online, because once I get into that habit, I'll probably lose all self-control. I'll end up buying every song I've ever liked -- I love shopping on l'internet.