I'm petrified of doctors. I used to love to get my eyes checked, regular check-ups, teeth cleanings.. but now I hate all of it. It all started with that needle one doctor stuck in my eye. It ruined me! I also pass out for various reasons now. I threaten to all the time when I think a doctor wants to do anything remotely traumatizing for a treatment. Especially around needles. [shovel]
Anyway, the needle-in-the-eye thing happened when I was 18. Since then, various dentists have told me I need to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I'm 25 years old, which means I've put up with teething pain and other jaw and cheek pain for seven years. [sigh] So I went in for a consultation at an oral surgeon's office this past Friday, at a friend's referral. He was a stern guy, but confident. I really want to get my wisdom teeth out before there are other age-related issues to worry about. And what if I'm ever without health insurance? Anyway, it's time. I made my appointment for this Friday, February 10th, at 10:45am. Stay tuned for news.
In order to have the surgery, I have to fast for 8 hours prior to going in, which includes NO food, NO drinks, NO water.. and I can't be sick. Now, Jesse has been sick lately, with a head cold or the flu or something. We've been trying to make sure I don't get sick, but I'm not sure we fully succeeded. Yesterday, I started getting the same symptoms he had a week ago. =( So I'm guzzling Airborne and sucking down 100 ounces of water a day.. Doing everything I can to stay healthy. I don't want to have to skip the surgery -- I may not re-schedule. =(
Ok, once this whole surgery thing is out of the way, I'll try to post something cheerful. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment