Wednesday, February 22

And that's that.

I went to my follow-up appointment today for the ol' wisdom teeth extraction thing. The doctor was happy with the condition of the "area of surgery." He seemed concerned to find out if I had any numbness in my lip, chin or tongue. Apparently, my bottom wisdom teeth roots were so long that they had tangled around the nerve that leads to my lower lip. He seemed very relieved that I am experiencing no numbness whatsoever. That said, I believe that I am the most relieved one here. =) So anyway, he showed me my teeth (apparently they keep the patient's teeth if they are unusual in any way) and checked my mouth and then I was outta there!

That means it's done! Aside from the fact that I still have open wounds in my mouth, I'm doing very well. Almost no pain at all, except for the occasional chewing-induced ache, cured easily by Advil. All's well.

I'll say it again: go get your wisdom teeth removed. =)

3 comments:

Bug said...

Yeah, I really should. But, now that we're getting really busy at work, I have an excuse to put it off until the summer.

Ah ... excuses ... l )

Anonymous said...

You got to see your teeth?? Aw, lucky. When I got all of mine out, they didn't show me. That would have been cool. Oh, and hi and stuff like that :)

rooni said...

Wait a second.. I JUST opened up my blog today for non-Blogger users to comment.. and already I'm confused! =( Who dat?