Monday, November 7

No sleep for a good sleeper...

Last night, Jesse and I jolted awake to the sound of a loud THUMP, only to realize that our bed was no longer parallel with the floor. He was downhill from me. It was very obvious that the bed had somehow structurally failed us. So sad.

Shaken and traumatized, we resolved to get up (it was about 12:30am, I think) and disassemble the bedframe. We moved the heavy pieces to the side of the room, and went back to bed -- which was now just a boxspring and mattress on the floor. Our pillows kept falling between the mattress and the wall. Neither of us got a good night of sleep.

As if that weren't bad enough, I woke up in the morning the sound of the TV crackling (like it had been turned on) and then ceasing to make any other noise. Curious, I popped my head up to take a look around... the alarm clock was flashing "12:00 .. 12:00 .. 12:00" ... That's right, the power went out.

So I happily recalled that I have a battery-powered alarm clock next to the bed for just such an occasion. That clock read 7:19am. It's 10min fast, so it was actually 7:09am. Our alarm goes off at 7:10am. [sigh]

4 comments:

Bug said...

Yep. All of it sucked. And I realized that I was going to have a hard time waking up without the radio on, so I reached for the onus (translation: the remote) and turned on the TV to discover that:

The cable was out.

Everything that happened this morning sucked.

EmoRiot said...

which bed is this? the four post wooden bed? RIP four post bed, if that's the case.

Bug said...

Yeah, the cherry wood bed. It's now sitting disassembled next to the wall in our bedroom.

Sucks. We have to figure out how to fix it and then reassemble it.

Either that or buy a new bed. This is the second time this bed broke, so we're toying with the idea of just getting a new bed.

rooni said...

We should probably stick with repairing this bed. It's beautiful, and we don't need any other expenses. =P