"Elephunk" by Black Eyed Peas
I know this is their older album, but I just imported it to my iTunes list, so I'm actually listening to it now. Good stuff! Super energetic. Great production. Catchy tunes. Not always the most elegant choices lyrically ("Let's get retarded," "The girlies in the club got the plump lump-lumpas," etc.), but it's the beat and the production you listen for... These guys are geniuses when it comes to the hook. It's money well-spent. I encourage you to listen to BEP, if you don't already. My favorites: "Let's Get It Started" (the extended album version is really good), "The Boogie That Be," "Smells Like Funk," "Shut Up," and "Hey Mama" (this is the song that made me start IMing with exclamation marks for no reason -- happy music!).
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Holy smokes! Good movie. =) I'm all caught up on the books, so they sometimes blur together in my mind. I went into the theater knowing the basic chunks of the story, but not all the details and relevant characters. Let me tell you: this movie tells the story well! I never felt like I was falling behind on the story, and yet it didn't drag at all ([ahem] Chamber of Secrets [ahem]).. in fact, I found myself gasping at some of the more adrenaline-driven moments. Amazing special effects, great story-telling (tons of the content from the book was removed with a great result), better acting overall ([ahem] Emma Watson still over-acts a little [ahem]). I even really loved the music. Yay, Patrick Doyle! I loved his work on Great Expectations, among other movies.
Go see the new Harry Potter movie. =) And buy a BEP album.
2 comments:
I'm listening to Elephunk right now. ; )
Good stuff. I have to say, so far my favorite track is Shut Up. What a great track. it's so well written, constructed, and produced.
Very cool. : )
Very good song!
Post a Comment