I hate to add another downer to the short stack of blog entries I've posted, but after the gravy burn and the Izzy Incident, how can you expect me to be having a good week? =P
For the past week and a half, I've been seeing another new spot of "shimmering" motion in my left eye's vision. I decided to man-up and go to the doctor today. It's not terrible news -- the doctor couldn't see any new scarring on my retina. However, he did see that the retina was slightly raised or something (he talks fast). He wanted to do a fluorescein angiogram (doh, I passed out during the fluorescein angiogram I had when I was 18) in order to determine whether I should have Visudyne therapy.
He gave me the option of having it done today, or waiting one week. He recommended today, but my nerves were shot and I thought I'd do better with someone to drive me home, so I'll go back next Friday.
Just informing my fans. ;) .. no sympathy, k? It won't help my nerves. Of course, you can't take it too far the other way and make jokes, either, because it's sorta serious.. so why don't we just say this never happened?
2 comments:
Interesteing.
Is the Visudyne therapy new? There's this site as well, if you're interested:
http://www.visudyne.com/index.jsp?checked=y
Maybe you've seen it before. That's great if there's something that can help.
Tippit, Rooni. l *
Meh. Visudyne doesn't make anything better.. it just helps prevent things from getting worse. The danger with POHS blind spots is the growth of irregular blood vessels into the acute central vision. Blood vessels can become weak (especially as you get older) and they can rupture (anywhere in the body, but especially bad news for your eyes).
So the idea is that Visudyne binds to these irregular blood vessels, then the light reacts with the Visudyne, which becomes toxic. The blood vessels are destroyed, so they can't do any more damage.
Post a Comment