Saturday, August 12

Gah! My ring finger is naked.

Jesse made me do it! =(

I am without my engagement ring. It was too big. It has to be re-sized from an 8.75 (it fit easily on my thumb) to a 6.75. You may be asking yourself: Was I insulted to receive a ring that was that much too big for me? Not at all. It's not one of things that crosses your mind when your best friend gives you a diamond ring and asks if he can spend the rest of his life with you.

(w00t!)

Anyway, back to the point of this whole thing...

It's gone! I feel a little bit lonely without it. =( I won't have it back until Wednesday the 16th. That means that when I see two people tomorrow at Jesse's birthday party for the first time since the engagement, they won't be able to check out da ring. =(

Oh well... Apparently, when I get it back, it will fit tightly to the point where I won't be able to yank it off my finger very easily -- it'll get stuck at my knuckle. Does that mean I'll have to shower with it? Sleep with it? Will I ever be able to take it off, or will they have to cut it off of me to prevent the deadening of that finger once I've swelled into my 60s?

...the answers to THESE questions and more in 40 years, folks!

I think I'll go back to pining for my ring now...

3 comments:

Bug said...

Woohoo! It's Wednesday.

And you're my best friend too, Rooni. : )

You're the best.

Bug said...

You're finger's no longer naked. ; )

rooni said...

Right! It's not. And I'm not very good at blogging much these days, since I don't take time at work to do it anymore. Stupid new job taking up so much time! =P

So anyway, the ring is besutiful! And whenever anyone wants to see it now, I always show them the rock, then flip my hand over as if to say, "Seeeee..?? It fits! There's no spacer anymore! Beautiful, huh?" And then I remember that no one cares about the back of the ring, so I flip my hand back over. ;)