Sunday, August 27

For my birthday...

On Friday (my work birthday)...

1. my friendly co-workers took me out for lunch (awwww!)
2. our super-nice waiter sang to me and gave me free chocolate cake
3. after lunch, Sharlene surprised me by coming back to work (she quit(!) to go to grad school) and bringing me a homemade peach pie -- amazing! I was so touched. =) Aaaand it was yummy.

For my actual birthday (today), I...

1. got several birthday cards from: Tina, Jesse, Pip, my mom, my dad and my uncle
2. had a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast
3. went on a picnic with Jesse at our favorite picnicking park (Vasona)
4. flew a kite (a flying stained-glass-like honu -- a sea turtle)
5. shopped for shoes
6. bought 2 new pairs of shoes (sweet! dress-casual shoes comfortable enough to walk in to and from the train)
7. went out to dinner with Jesse
8. ended up at dinner with Jesse and my mom, dad, brothers and uncle (Jesse surprised me!)
9. worked a little, so that my Monday would be less stressful
10. blogged

Jesse baked his first-ever cake today, and it was a total success. =) It's a pretty pink strawberry cake with fluffy white frosting.

Anyway, all in all, it was a really nice birthday, and I think 26 is going to be a good year. =)

2 comments:

Bug said...

I'm glad. : ) I'm glad everything worked as like it did. The kite flying was fun. We should do that again some time.

;) and I owe you some spumoni.

rooni said...

Sweet! Out-of-cycle spumoni! That's like a bonus.