Tuesday, October 25

Here's the dish!

Jesse and I had my parents over for dinner this past Saturday night. They seemed to have a nice time -- we showed them around and they loved our apartment, they ate all their dinner so I guess that went all right, and they gave us money as a housewarming present. Woah! As soon as we saw it, someone (Jesse? My dad? I can't remember.) mentioned that we could use the money to buy ourselves some microwave-safe dishes. Now, when I first moved out on my own, I realized that, although my grandmother's china is pretty, and it puts on a beautiful light show when microwaved, it's probably not the best idea to heat foodstuffs on it. So I stopped. It has been two years since I have heated food in/on something other than pyrex, corning ware, or paper towels. So when the idea came up to spend money on microwave-safe dishes, I thought, "puh! not necessary."

But when my parents left, Jess brought it up again: "You know, maybe we should buy microwave-safe dishes." Ok, ok, ok... Just because I'm used to it, doesn't mean it's the best plan to live without this convenience. So we went shopping online... within an hour, we had picked out dishes we're both going to be happy with. So even though I wasn't excited about buying new dishes beforehand (what? am I not a girl? what's wrong with me?), now I'm thrilled! They're in the mail, and I'm going to receive them any day! How exciting is that?!

And Jesse and I are talking about going up to Groveland this weekend. That promises to be relaxing. Relaxing promises to be nice. And now I'm stalled thinking of things to write about, because I'm daydreaming about relaxing...

1 comment:

Bug said...

: ) I'm all for relaxing. And I think those dishes are going to look fantastic. I really like them a lot. Nice find, babe.

Now, if only we can find curtains, placemats, and curtain rods ...

And then start on the next list of stuff that we need. ; )