If you're one of those weird Americans who pronounces that word [k a tS * p], then you get it. If you're like me, pronouncing it [k E tS * p], you're probably slightly confused, and maybe the post won't even help much.. but here goes:
It was a long weekend for me. I notified my manager long ago that I'd be taking Friday off, because it was the day I was due to be out of my old apartment, etc.. so I knew I'd need it for unpacking at the very least. Turns out, my work gives two days off for the Fourth, so I had Friday, Monday and Tuesday.. that's a five-day weekend. Sort of like a work week, when you consider that we mostly unpacked and coaxed our new kitty out from under the sofabed in the office. In any case, there was no romantic camping or picnicking for the five-day weekend. Just hanging out at home and erranding out occasionally.
So, aside from getting the cat, my only news is that Jesse is gone for the next few days, and I'll be "mostly hanging out at home and erranding out occasionally" for the rest of the week. =P
Oh, and here's a "shout out": my friend from college (and work now, too), Chelsea, got married on June 25th (she just got back to work today, so that's why it's coming up now -- you don't want to post about these things before it has been confirmed!). ;) (I'm kidding -- sheesh!) But the best part is that she got married on the beach in Jamaica. Congratulations, Chelsea and Shaun!
...ahh, NOW it makes sense why my weekend wasn't all that notable.
No comments:
Post a Comment