Wednesday, July 20

I'm old.

I just got home from a business trip. I was upset at the lack of organization and planning for our arrival -- they didn't even really know why we were there. And I was really thirsty, but they didn't provide free drinking water to anyone, so I had to buy it for 55 cents. I thought that was an outrage. Not even drinking fountains for their workers. Unheard of.

Let's get back to that first sentence.. business trip. Wha? Am I old? Shouldn't I be running around Europe with a backpack and no permanent address at this stage of my life?

On top of that, while in Sacramento on said trip, I met up with an old friend from High School. We haven't spoken in five years. FIVE YEARS. Where does time go? This means that, while Travis and I were very good friends from sixth grade through high school, Jesse has never even met him. That's just weird.

My life is beginning to get segmented into eras. But, with any luck, the Era of Poop will be drawing to a close soon...

5 comments:

rooni said...

Is the Era of Poop over? Maybe not.. have you seen the profit news about the recently opened Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I may never hear that book/film title without giggling again, after this dirty little news headline.

Bug said...

Pah-hah-hah!! What a totally ridiculous title!! oh man ... I'm laughing so hard right now ...

Bug said...

I have to tell you, that headline has been a big hit around here. Lots of people are enjoying it. : )

rooni said...

It's making the rounds here, too. The extra-awesome thing is that the first word/sentence/paragraph of the whole article is just "Sweet":

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Sweet.

Follow that with stories of people "...snapping up $55.4 million worth of golden tickets for Johnny Depp's twisted tale..."

Twisted. Tail.

Seriously. What the F?

rooni said...

Apparently, the link I originally provided has been killeded. So, if you haven't seen it yet, or just can't get enough, here is a replacement.

And while we're on the subject, here's another doozy.