My great friend, Tina, and I were attending this concert last night. There were plenty of accounts of the events.
From my perspective, I thought that a speaker or a section of lights had fallen onto the stage. There was a loud THUD, and I looked to Glen Hansard, who seemed stunned, but he hadn't been hit or hurt. Then I realized the thing that had fallen was actually a person, and thought that maybe it was a lighting technician who had fallen from above. However, Tina had seen the guy fall/jump the roof, which seemed to confirm that he wasn't part of the crew, and it all just became very surreal.
Today, I keep seeing flashes of last night, mostly in still images. The impact, the look on Glen's face, the woman leaving the venue with her hand over her mouth, the girl in sobs waiting for the deputy to take statements, the security guards, the confusion, the band waiting off-stage, Glen's folded hands in the seat next to me, the helpless looks on everyone's faces. Honestly, I don't even feel like they're my own memories. Very unreal.
No comments:
Post a Comment