I'm sick and working from home today. I know I never blog anymore, but I do occasionally add info to Wedding Central. Does that count? I think I caught a bug from Jesse's sister while his family was out visiting us from Los Angeles and Philadelphia. My throat feels swollen and also burns after a while if I'm talking or swallowing. I'm staying home today to try and avoid talking (hurting myself) and spreading germs (hurting others). Boo hoo.
The wedding is coming along! We're up to our ears in our "To Do" list. It is in an Excel spreadsheet, and has a conditionally formatted cell that tells us how many items are remaining, and changes colors depending on how high a number it is. Seriously, folks, I'm in Project Management land now, remember? That's how I roll. Anyway, we're still very in the red. I just came up with another thing today that we need to do -- our (or at least my) rings need to be polished before the wedding, so I have to figure out when to do that.
I found a website where you can compose an email to yourself and have it sent at a future date. Well, you can compose an email to anyone, I guess, but the point is to remind your future self of things you're thinking of today. I just sent myself a halfway-there reminder of my 2007 goals. I should get that email on June 2, 2007. That way, if I mess up and don't do anything by then, I'll still have half a year to get 'er done.
I may need a reminder, since I haven't been thinking much about much lately, aside from the wedding and my waistline (that truly expensive dress better fit when it comes in!!!). Happy New Year, everyone!! =)
1 comment:
That future self thing is awesome. : ) I just sent myself an email five years into the future that will arrive on Christmas Day, 2012. Basically it just says that we should all celebrate the fact that the Mayan Calendar was wrong and the world didn't end.
And yeah, I need to polish my ring, too. ; )
Post a Comment