Anyway, my garden consists entirely of potted plants. I refuse to add value to my landlady's property, and I fully intend to take everything with me when I leave. My plants do really well - I primarily grow succulents, because they're awesome looking, and easy to maintain. My relative success with succulents has helped to strip the black right off of my green thumb. They grow so fast that I have to pot and re-pot them to keep them looking nice.
So, today, I walked through Orchard Supply, acting like I knew what I was doing.. I found some fertilizer (fish emulsion), some rocks (for drainage), some pumice (also for drainage), some planter pots, and bought a tiny succulent in a 4oz. plastic cup. (My mom always 'rescues' the saddest looking plants, and I felt my first twinge of understanding as I searched through all the little plants for sale.)
When my re-potting adventure is all done, I'll take some pictures. For now, I've been looking at some succulents online, and I wanted to start a photo inspiration board of pretty plants and ideas that I should keep in mind...
This pretty "paint box" might have to be my next planting task. I need more repeat plants to make this work.

This makes me think I need to keep my eyes peeled for some hot red succulents. Right now, I have lots of icy blue-green, pale pink, eggplant purple.. no red. Yet.

Practically everything about this woman's succulent garden is spectacular. Someday...
When I have a real yard, I'd like to set up some hanging plants, like a donkey tail:

And string of pearls:

Note to self: plant succulents in rows:

And in unusual planters:

In short, keep working on the garden. Hopefully, the plants will continue to outgrow their pots, so that I always have an excuse to reinvent and redesign.
No comments:
Post a Comment