The Mister and I drove up to South Lake Tahoe on Saturday so that we could be at a surprise birthday party for my friend and maid of honor Tina. Her boyfriend, Mat, had us all meet at a restaurant, and Tina came in and was very surprised, as planned, etc. Then we all drove up to the cabin he'd rented, and we walked down to the snow to take some pictures. The lovebirds were up first, and as we all got situated with our cameras, Mat dropped to one knee and proposed! She said yes (duh!). They seem very happy, the ring is very shiny, and just like that, the wedding bells are ringing again!
In other wedding news, Jess and I are also heading over to Philly at the end of the month for the wedding of his long-time friend, Ben. Ben's marrying his long-time partner, Margo, and I'm SO looking forward to seeing their little dreamboat son, Simon (almost a year old), dressed up in a little suit. So excited.
Being on this side of wedding planning ourselves (i.e. now that we're done) weddings seem exciting again. I'm really looking forward to helping with and admiring the little details, instead of deciding on and having to pay for them. ;) w00t!
3 comments:
I like this version of the weekend better. It doesn't end with a scrabble climax. :P
What's wrong with Scrabble?
Nothing, but it just doesn't belong with a blog. BLOG only has 4 letters and limits your chances for a double or triple word score (can you tell I don't know scrabble?).
Post a Comment