Friday, October 13

Feeling like a human again

It's a good feeling.

1. Going to work feels normal again (after completely changing jobs within the company and losing two friends from my close social group at work -- yerks! Stupid grad school and stupid Taiwan). Anyway, I've settled into the new responsibilities, and the new group of people, and it's going ok, all in all.

2. Jesse and I have made a few decisions about the wedding, and that's nice.. the location, obviously, is set, and we've all but signed ourselves up with a caterer. Also, we've found a band or two that we dig, and still more are writing to us (from our Craigslist ad). I'm planning on ordering my dress this weekend, and Jesse has a tux appt coming up... oh, and "Save the Date" cards are in the mail, and people are receiving them all over the place. That's good.

3. There are games coming out over at Lucas which is awesome. Jesse has been working really hard for a long time now, and it's nice when things are completely done, and in the end user's hands... that means there are no more revisions, no more late nights.. for those games, anyway!

4. I'm back to eating better.. our house sort of turned into a junk food pit for a month or so there.. it was pretty bad. I just kinda felt mildly ill on a daily basis. I think part of my clarity and desire to sit down and blog today can be attributed to the fact that I feel healthier, after only a few days of eating better foods.

5. I bought a bunch of new clothes. This helps my state of mind because I'm not in a total panic every morning, running late and whining about having nothing to wear.

6. We have Tivo! This makes our evenings more calm -- we're not racing home to catch the TV shows we like, and we're not calling our friends in the middle of the day to ask them to tape things for us... we can just sit down and watch something whenever we want. It's so relaxing, and it's a nice burden to have had lifted.

Anyway, the overall change is that I'm just a little calmer. I guess that means that at some point, I'd lost my grip, but I've apparently found it again. It's really, really nice.

1 comment:

Bug said...

I'm so happy to hear that. : ) Yes, things have seemed a lot calmer around the apartment recently and the stuff for the wedding is ticking along nicely. We might just pull this thing off after all. ; )

I'm glad you feel better, babe.