Thursday, June 1

Karaoke Night

Did you know that Comcast Digital Cable offers free Karaoke?

(I'll assume you said "no.")

Neither did we! So, last night when a commercial told me that tidbit of information, I thought to myself, "I've never felt so happy to have been informed by paid advertising! This is awesome!"

So I immediately stopped the show we were watching, and went surfing through Digital Cable menus (not pretty). Sure enough -- karaoke! So, Jesse and I had an impromptu karaoke night last night. You should've been there! (You could've stopped us...)

We sang such classics as:

"Somewhere Out There" in the style of Linda Rondstadt and James Hogan
"La Bamba"
and
"Pour Some Sugar On Me"

So, whereas at 7:00pm yesterday, I was totally ready to get rid of Digital Cable, by 11:00pm, I was sold on why we need to keep it. ;)

2 comments:

Bug said...

What I found most interesting of all was that the lyrics to La Bamba are actually this:

Pah blahdy-blah de La Bamba
Pah blahdy-blah de La Bamba
Say "necesseat" tuna poke ada gracia.
Tuna poke ada gracia (mumble mumble)
Y Arriba Y Arriba.
Porteese seh reh. Porteese seh reh.

Yo! No soy, Ronny Neville.
Yo! No soy, Ronny Neville.
Soy, Capitan. Soy, Capitan.

Bamba Bamba
Bamba Bamba
Bamba Bamba

rooni said...

...what are you talking about?