Monday, March 27

Income and Expense

I made a sweet donation to KQED (PBS) a while back and received two tickets to the "Real Estate Wealth Expo" in San Francisco for this past weekend. I invited Jesse to go, but he wasn't totally interested, so I invited my mom, and she was thrilled out of her mind. So my mom and I spent the weekend with about 60,000 other people at Moscone Center (North AND South) learning about real estate. This real estate expo apparently broke records for the largest event of this type ever held anywhere in the world. It was BIG.

There were four "keynote speakers" whose names you may recognize:
1. Suze Orman, finance guru, author and CNBC call-in show host
2. Tony Robbins, motivational speaker and life coach (or .. whatever)
3. Robert Kiyosaki, "Rich Dad/Poor Dad" author, investor
4. Donald Trump, duh

All of these speakers were amazing. They have huge personalities and lots of information to share. In fact, these people did the least amount of SALES while on stage. Throughout both Saturday and Sunday, there were tens of other talks you could attend at various times -- each and every speaker was selling their packaged set of tapes, books and other training for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Suze Orman made no attempt to sell us anything -- I'm not even sure she mentioned that she's an author. So I went out and bought a book of hers, and my mom bought two. My mom already had Robert Kiyosaki's book, and Tony Robbins' tapes, and I watch Donald Trump's The Apprentice TV show. So, they all got our support when all was said and done. =) Great group of speakers. In addition to the famous group of speakers, I also really enjoyed listening to some others, James Smith and David Lindahl. I was very impressed.

It was a lot of fun. It was exhausting (walk walk walk walk walk walk walk, sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit, walk walk walk, sit sit sit sit sit sit), but very motivating and intriguing. Not bad -- I got to support KQED and I got to go to a great weekend-long seminar.

No comments: